Hotel Jobs in Austin, TX
Oversees property maintenance of grounds, building facilities, and guest rooms. Responsible for daily cleaning and upkeep, preventative maintenance, small repair and tasks, special projects, and communicating larger maintenance needs to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the best possible lodging experience for each guest.
- Follow the employee handbook grooming and appearance guidelines.
- Wear a provided maintenance uniform and nametag at all times on property.
- Order and install small maintenance items as needed for repair, under direction of Assistant General Manager.
- Complete tasks and assignments on the daily Maintenance Checklist.
- Complete Maintenance Request Forms within 24 hours.
- Complete Preventive Maintenance program on a timely basis.
- Respond to maintenance emergencies timely, on a 24 hour call basis.
- Practice safe working conditions under Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines to include Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Practice safe chemical handling as prescribed in Material Safety and Data Sheets.
- Perform other such duties assigned by Property Management to meet guest or operational needs.
Common Guest Areas and Exterior
- Clears trash and empties property trash containers daily.
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and stairs as needed (trash and weather related).
- Clears debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area daily.
- Ensures exterior building and grounds are clean by use of a pressure washer and blower.
Common Guest Areas and Interior
- Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as needed.
- Provides Preventative Maintenance to 2 rooms each day.
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance repairs in the following areas:
- Electrical circuits and wiring
- Guest room walls
- Doors and locks
- Carpet (remove stains)
- Floor coverings
- Ensures Guest Laundry washers, dryers, vending machines and common areas are cleaned twice daily.
- Maintains clean, organized maintenance workshop and storerooms.
- General Knowledge of heating, air conditioning, electric and plumbing skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic work tools and equipment.
- Ability to patch holes, clean carpets, and paint walls.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk three flights of stairs.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Supervisor: General Manager
Interested in this Maintenance Worker hotel job in Austin, TX? Please fill out our employment application form below and attach your resumé. Alternatively, you can fill out our Application Form and either return this by email or deliver to the hotel directly. For application questions, please reach out directly to [email protected]