Hotel Jobs in Austin, TX
Hotel Front Desk Agent
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determines a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guest’s complete registration cards and then assigns rooms accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks, and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel. Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes. Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
Front Desk Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the best possible lodging experience for each guest.
- Follow the employee handbook grooming and appearance guidelines.
- Wear a provided uniform and nametag at all times on property.
- Complete Choice University training programs as assigned.
- Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understand room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Files room keys.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Processes guest check-outs.
- Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or request to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Adheres to all procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook.
High school graduate or equivalent. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who visit the workplace.
Interested in the Front Desk Agent hotel job in Austin, TX? Please fill out our employment application form below and attach your resumé. Alternatively, you can fill out our Application Form and either return this by email or deliver to the hotel directly. For application questions, please reach out directly to [email protected]